Friday 19 September 2008

ELOPE

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

The inspiration source for this story is my cousin's pudukavitai:
adutta veettukkaranudan

odinal

legiyakaran manaiviHere the story goes...

Everyday is hectic. Unless I got up in the wee hours of morning and run all day to return home at night, I cannot make ends meet. I hope my wife realizes this. I do business. It is tough.



I am an illiterate orphan still I do business; business of selling medicinal paste for ever-lasting youth. The market is big, but the competition is bigger. My daily routine starts at 5am.



Carrying a sack of medicines in variety of jars (thank PET, no longer the cases break), a public announcement system, an attractive banner, I go from place to place. I don’t have a regular spot. I can’t have one. I locate a corner or a spacious road bank and open up my shop. I scream on top of my voice to sell my products.



I prefer crowds as they woo prospects! Pulling crowd is easy but they hardly buy!



“What’s it?”



“Medicinal Paste for ever-lasting youth”



“means…?”



“You will last longer, you can satisfy your…”



“(what’s) guarantee?”



“Just have a spoonful; you will feel it as hard as this lamp-post!”



He literally blushed on this comment. Being in this business, I can’t afford to. I need to talk like this in this business.



“How much?”



“---- for a jar”



“Too expensive!” he hesitated.



“Don’t hesitate. Better spend money than losing your partner..”



The comment may be harsh but did the trick. He bought it. My day goes like this. There will be more such guys and more such comments. I have to earn. I have a commitment. All days are not same. Earning Rs100/- a day is very difficult unless I slog my balls!



Again I am late. It’s eight in the evening and I am starting now. It will take another 2 hours to reach home. I too dislike it but I can’t help it. It’s my business. I don’t know what’s in store today for me at my home.



“Why the lights are not on? Why the door is locked? Where would have she gone, at this time..?” I am clueless. I opened the hut and entered. The house is clean as usual; perhaps more cleaner. “What’s up? I don’t see her trunk box in its place. Nor I saw any of her saris hanging on the ropes running across walls. A ball moved up from my stomach to choke my throat. Something is wrong cautioned my senses as I found a chit.



Its 3 years we are married. I am not blessed with a child. Only earning is not a prime duty of a man. He needs to please his wife. You failed in it. Don’t search for me. I am eloping with our neighborhood boy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tax Terrorism - How far is it true?

If you or me, a common man or citizen of the country, whose tax is deducted at source failed to file returns, we are taken to task. It even ...