Friday 19 September 2008

Flipping though journal - a fiction

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

10th Jan1984: Appa screamed at me that is nothing new. But he did it in front of all in the tenants. Even she was there! “If you keep scoring only this much, you can land up only to clean the tables at a Udipi Hotel.” Is securing 75% too less? I am perplexed. What would have she thought of me?



12th Feb’84: It’s Sunday. I went to Nagraj’s place for watching a movie in TV. “Students do group-study and you went like a beggar to watch a movie at somebody’s house? When will you realize? Don’t come to me if you scored less than 85~90%” I felt the gap widening between me and my father!



20th Feb’84: “You scored only 78% in revision exams. I am worried! My BP is rising! Will you ever realize?” Appa was furious. He started sweating. Signs of caution! “Appa I will score more than 85% please relax” He went to bed with worries in head.



24th Mar’84: Exams are over! Although I don’t know Hindi I watched kunwaara baap in TV because she did. I have to learn Hindi. What will Appa say? “you cannot score more than 75 now and if you spend time on Hindi, you will not cross 70. I did not learn Hindi still I survived” Should I not do because you did not?



8th Jun’84: One week left for results to come. Robert came today and told me that I scored 82%. I did not believe. His relative is in DPE. He came with marks of everyone in our group. I did not tell my parents. I don’t know whether this is real? Should I tell her?



15th Jun’84: Results are out and Robert was true. Appa did not say anything. He wanted me to be an engineer. Will I get a seat? I started hating reservation policy from today. She came to me today to tell they are shifting. I lost interest in everything today.



29th Jun’84: Appa yelled at me. “I broke my head & you didn’t listen. I have to shed the savings which I did for Anu’s marriage as to get a seat for you!” I said, “I don’t want to study by paying so much. If you believe me, give me the money I will return you with interest in 3 years for Anu’s marriage!” Hearing this, he was shocked and had an attack! Did I say something wrong?



01st Sep’08: “I knew appa you must be laughing at me breaking my heads with my son who does not want to take up my business enterprise but would like to become a free-lance photographer? He asks, “should I do because you did?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tax Terrorism - How far is it true?

If you or me, a common man or citizen of the country, whose tax is deducted at source failed to file returns, we are taken to task. It even ...