Thursday 6 March 2008

Secrets of the Success - 3C's

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Hi friends! Me Again!

I would like to share the secret for mu job longevity that i found! I have been working at a major plastics molding industry for 20years. Despite several attempts of down-sizing (or right sizing), i survived and even got promoted.

My technique is to really get to know my boss and to show him that I am 100% working to help him reach his goals and the company goals (but his goals come first). To find out what his goals are, I work at spending "quality time" with him. This consists of going out to lunch with him (and his cronies) on Friday and joining him at company sponsored after hours activities.

I found out that he likes to play badminton. So I learnt how to play and joined his weekend foursome. He also watched those lousy soaps in variety of cable channels, so I joined the league (even though I don't like those junk that much).

But some of the best "quality time" that I found is staying late after work (he always works late which I failed to know why). I wander into his office and informally discuss the job with him. This way I can better keep in touch with what is going on and find out problems which I can help him with.

The overriding goal, in all this, is to develop his trust and give him confidence that he can always count on me to get the job done. This way when it comes time to "downsize" I'll be last one he would think of making redundant.

I am sure that my technique will work for you to. Now Go ahead and try out! Don’t come back and complain that others call you Cronies or chelas or chamchaas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tax Terrorism - How far is it true?

If you or me, a common man or citizen of the country, whose tax is deducted at source failed to file returns, we are taken to task. It even ...