Wednesday 29 August 2007

Hang My Dad!

It is not an exaggerated statement if someone said that the Indian News channels provide more masala than these soaps. It has got every ingredient of an typical Indian film in its coverage and many a times they even better Indian masalas.


As usual that evening I was surfing the Indian news channels and stopped (rather shocked to stop) at one channel that ran a documentary(?) titled "mere papa to fansi do"


The news was pathetic one that the father sexually absued his own daughter (that too in front of her mother) and also had sexual relations with other girls in front of his daughter and wife. What a pervert he could have been? This news does not worth a coverage of 30 minutes. But these news channels kept on showing the photographs of the father with other girls and interviewed the daughter.


The small girl unknowing of what some people (in the name of the news) are making money and fun out their story, kept on telling what she was taught. I am not saying what the father did was right but this news did not need such a type of coverage. The father could have been punished silently.


Though i switched the channel immeidately, my 8 year old kid started questioning me. "why the girl was crying? Why she wanted her dad to be killed?" what was those photographs etc?" I had no convincing answers to him as he might not understand what was the truth. However, i convinced him giving some excuses.


This reminded me of one thing. When i was young, my dad used to scold me for watching "Oliyum Oliyum" (song and dance sequences from Tamil films) and not watching news. he used to tell me, "By watching news, ones IQ grows and GK improves. Even your English would improve. Whats the point in watching these hip gyrating numbers..."


But now i would prefer my son watching those filmi numbers than the news channels as they are more explicit than these hip gyrating numbers. In the name of sensation, news channels always go overboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tax Terrorism - How far is it true?

If you or me, a common man or citizen of the country, whose tax is deducted at source failed to file returns, we are taken to task. It even ...